Monday, August 18, 2008

Viva Mexico !!


So I finally went to Mexico!! Yep we did this Saturday. It is funny how the whole plan unraveled. This Saturday we were suppose to go to Huntington Beach. The plan changed to San Diego, then finally Mexico. All was decided in less than half an hour and off we went. Not much packing was needed. We just grabbed our passports, hats, and extra sweaters. Our final destination was Rosarito city.

Four hours and we were there, right by the beach. We took a very nice walk followed by an incredible lunch at a Venice restaurant for seafood. The combo plates were huge; it comes with appetizer, salad, soup, and the main dish. I ordered their seafood special which consists of half a medium sized lobster, huge fish filet, Spanish rice, grilled shrimp, and fried huge piece of squid. I finished my whole plate along with the salad, seafood soup, and the Grande shrimp cocktail. Of course I had to try the oysters, crab legs, corn chips, salsa, and homemade tortillas. All this was gobbled down with a 2 icy diet soda. If you were thinking what about my diet? The answer is “diet on Monday.” The weather was incredible. The city is so clean; not like what I expected at all.

On the way back, the line to cross the border was only an hour long, which we didn't really feel because we were trying all different types of foods from the street vendors by the border. Of course I had to go for desert. I tried their fried Churros which came in a bag stuffed of a whole bunch of them (kinda like fries). Ymmm Ymmm Ymmm. Once we were in San Diego, we noticed an outlet and of course we had to go in and see the deals. It was very decent and the prices were very reasonable. The outlet ended our trip and off we went home. We arrived home at 10:00pm then watched the Olympics till we fell asleep at midnight. Nice ending to a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Si Senor!! VIVA MEXICO :)
Awwwww how I miss my Mexico Lindo y querido (beloved). I am so glad you guys had a wonderful time. You know, I never went to Rosarito while I was living in California (shame on me). I remember Liz telling me about this restaurant on the beach that had awsome seafood. Well, It seems you found it!!
Take care
Mariana